I could go on about Bruschetta Chicken all day, but I won’t :)…
Bruschetta chicken over linguine
½ cup flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (if large, I often only use 3 and it fills up an entire 9×13 pan)
Topping for chicken
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp melted butter
8-10 Roma tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh Basil leaves, chopped fine
Garlic to taste (I love garlic and use 5-6 cloves)
Salt to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Take each chicken breast and pound between plastic or wax paper. Pound to about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Toss chicken in flour and coat well. Then lightly coat each piece in the egg mixture. Do not drench, just lightly coat. Then place flat in a 9×13 pan. Spread out chicken to cover entire bottom of the pan. (I usually cut my chicken in smaller pieces and just arrange them in the pan close together kind of like a puzzle.)
After you have arranged the chicken in the pan, take your topping and spread over the chicken.
3. Cover pan with tin foil the cook for 20 min. Then cook uncovered for 5-10 min to brown the topping.
4. While chicken is cooking, prepare bruschetta by removing seeds and dicing tomatoes. Mince garlic and combine tomatoes, basil, and garlic. Add olive oil and salt to taste.
5. When chicken is done cooking, spread the bruschetta over the chicken and put back in the oven for another 5 mins. Serve over linguine. We just scoop the chicken and bruschetta and put it over the pasta.