Today I’m sharing this dress that I made for Lola a couple of months ago. I used my Polly Peasant Dress Pattern, and as (almost) always, used the scalloped hem option.
You saw a peek of the dress in this post where I shared my favorite tip for eliminating twisted elastic (do you love to buy elastic in huge rolls as much as I do?!) in casings. BTW, I have to update that I was so happy to learn that I wasn’t the only one who hadn’t thought of the trick earlier!
I made a Maggie Mae Dress using the same fabric last year, and used up the last of it for this dress. Looking back at that post, I’m giggling about the similarities between the two photo shoots, between the pigtails (which have grown about a foot since the first photo shoot, haha!), the same location, and the same antics from baby girl (her attitude seems to have also grown a bit since the first photo shoot ;).
I also used the same leather scraps that I used on the Maggie Mae Dress to make some quick hair bows to go with her new dress.
I sewed a size 2 width and size 3-4 length for this dress, and although it was a tad long on Lola when I made it, it now fits her perfectly which will be great for summer.
She’s excited to have another butterfly dress to wear to church, and I will never complain about a dress that we can both agree on and that she can easily pull on and off herself.
To keep the scallops nice and crisp, I like to use a homemade spray starch when I press them. Every time I use it it brings me back to my days of dental hygiene school in South Texas where it was mandatory that we spray starched all of our uniforms (including a crease in the pants) or we would lose points from our clinical scores, hehe. If you’d like to see a hilarious-for-you but embarrassing-for-me photo, just search “dental hygiene” at the top of my blog and scroll down to the second post ;).
You can get your copy of the Polly Peasant Dress & Blouse Pattern HERE!