10 Reasons Every Crafter Needs A Cricut Maker
This Cricut Maker post is sponsored and contains affiliate links. All content, photography, and opinions are my own and genuine.
Just when I thought the cutting machine world couldn’t get any better, Cricut has gone and done it again. My love for the Cricut Explore Air II goes deep, and last year when I first heard that Cricut was releasing a new machine with even more features and abilities, I knew it would be something I’d love to get my hands on. So naturally, when the opportunity came to partner with Cricut and showcase the Cricut Maker, I was immediately on board!
The first thing I noticed upon opening the box was that the Maker is pretty. The white and gold are right up my aesthetic alley, and I have been brainstorming new ways to fit a table just for it in my sewing room so I can leave it out and enjoy the beauty even when I’m not using it!
And although it looks good, there’s so much more that makes the Cricut Maker my new favorite crafting and sewing toy! Below, I narrowed it down to 10 Reasons Why Every Crafter Needs A Cricut Maker.
1. Cricut has a fantastic site, Design Space, which also includes a digital pattern sewing library from Simplicity. I’ve used Design Space for some time now, and I can say that I truly appreciate how user friendly it is. My very first project using Design Space turned out perfect with the first cut, and I rarely have to re-do or re-cut a project because of the help that Design Space gives me with each project.
2. Cricut offers the flexibility to also import your own images and fonts into Design Space to create your own projects! The fact that any design idea I can come up with in my head can be made with the Cricut Maker is so so exciting! From images to quotes to shapes, if you think it, the Cricut Maker can do it.
3. It has a rotary blade, which brings us to the next reason to love the Cricut Maker…
4. It can cut fabric, without any backing material (such as Heat n Bond)! This is a huge game changer for me, and I’m super excited to share a Maker fabric project with you soon that you can make for yourself!
5. The Cricut Maker can use a washable fabric pen that will automatically mark your pattern pieces. A great companion to being able to cut fabric without a backing material is that the Maker can also use the washable fabric pen to make pattern markings and even stitch lines for your sewing projects!
6. It has a knife blade, available soon in 2018! The knife blade will allow you to cut materials up to 3/32″, such as balsa wood and mat board, which opens up the possibilities for creating even wider!
7. Even without the knife blade, the Cricut Maker can cut thicker materials, like leather! My husband has developed a recent hobby of leather working, and I’ve already warned him that I’ll be taking advantage of his supplies. Thanks, honey…
8. The Cricut Maker is so intuitive with it’s intelligent controls that it can adjust the amount of cut pressure and cut direction to achieve the most perfect cuts! I really love that I don’t have to mess with the guesswork of choosing a blade depth, speed, or thickness for each different material. The Cricut Maker does the thinking for you!
9. The Cricut Maker has a dock to hold your smartphone or tablet! You can even charge your device via the USB port! If you’re like me and your phone is always dead, this is a big deal ;).
10. A fantastic assortment of tools are available to help you create easy (or not-so-easy if you’d prefer) and fun projects. From a weeder to scissors to a scraper, the tools will help make every project the best it can be!
There you have it! I can’t wait to be back soon and share a Cricut Maker project with you! In the meantime, you can get your hands on your own machine here!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
MY CRICUT MAKER WAS JUST DELIVERED THE OTHER DAY! I CAN’T WAIT TO TAKE HER OUT OF THE BOX AND GET AQUAINTED! WHAT OTHER ACCESSORIES DO YOU SUGGEST THAT I JUST WON’T BE ABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT?