Have a pair of knee socks you’d like to refashion? In 10 minutes your little lady can be stylin’ some new leg warmers with this 10 Minute Leg Warmer Tutorial! Find the tutorial to make the ruffle skirt from a t-shirt here.
This tutorial will guide you through making toddler (or baby) leg warmers in — get this — 10 minutes! You can’t get any easier than this project, and you’ll love the finished product.
pair of women’s knee socks (Target and the dollar store are great places to find inexpensive knee socks if you don’t have any to refashion)
1. Cut each sock off at ankle, forming a long tube of fabric. Leg warmers can be made shorter by cutting sock off at a higher point above the ankle.
2. Cut heel and toe areas off of each sock. This will form the upper band of the leg warmers.
3. For each sock, fold short tube of fabric in half, matching raw edges.
4. For each sock, place long tube of fabric inside of short tube, matching raw edges and right sides together.
5. Pin and sew 1/2″ from raw edges, joining the two pieces. Trim seam allowance to 1/4″.
Unfold and Admire
5. Fold the cuff upwards and you are done! Great job! Head over here to make a matching (and by “matching,” I mean “un-matching”, cause it’s cuter that way) ruffle skirt.
Wear them long or cinch them up, she will love to wear them either way with her ruffle skirt!